Volunteer, Coach, Mentor or Tutor
At the Y, a volunteer's time and talent can go a long way to help a child, mentor a teen or provide support for families. Volunteers come from all walks of life but they share a common trait — wanting to help others.
There are many ways you can get involved with your local Y. Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Mentor or tutor a child.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees.
- Teach computer skills.
- Teach swimming lessons.
- Coach a youth sports team.
- Serve as a Member Service greeter.
- Referee a youth sports game.
- Assist with the maintenance or landscaping.
- Host a baby shower for mothers in need.
- Serve as an administrative or clerical assistant.
- Assist with an activity during a Family Night Celebration.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, or live healthier.
Get Your Company Involved
Does your company want to volunteer for a group service day? We can make it easy and rewarding.
Take The Next Steps
WINTER I SESSION
Session: January 5-February 28
Fort Meigs Open-1p
Sylvania Y/J Open-1p
Wolf Creek Open-1p
Fort Meigs Closed
South at Morse Closed
Sylvania Y/J Closed
Wolf Creek Closed
New year's eve
Fort Meigs Open-4p
South at Morse Open-4p
Sylvania Y/J Open-4p
Wolf Creek Open-4p
NEW YEAR'S day
Fort Meigs 8a-1p
South at Morse 8a-1p
Sylvania Y/J 8a-1p
Wolf Creek 8a-1p