Volunteer, Coach, Mentor or Tutor
At the Y, a volunteer's time and talent can go a long way to help a child, mentor a teen or provide support for families. Volunteers come from all walks of life but they share a common trait — wanting to help others.
There are many ways you can get involved with your local Y. Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- Mentor or tutor a child.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees.
- Teach computer skills.
- Teach swimming lessons.
- Coach a youth sports team.
- Serve as a Member Service greeter.
- Referee a youth sports game.
- Assist with the maintenance or landscaping.
- Host a baby shower for mothers in need.
- Serve as an administrative or clerical assistant.
- Assist with an activity during a Family Night Celebration.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more, or live healthier.
Get Your Company Involved
Does your company want to volunteer for a group service day? We can make it easy and rewarding.
Take The Next Steps
FALL II SESSION
Registration: October 13
Session: October 27-December 20
WINTER I SESSION
Registration: December 8
Session: January 5-February 28
All Child Care Centers will be closed November 27 & 28.
AW Building: Closed
East Building: 8-1p
Fort Meigs Building: 8-1p
Francis Building: 8-1p
South at Morse Building: 8-1p
Summit Building: 8-1p
Sylvania Y/J Building: 8-1p
University Building: Closed
West Building: 8-1p
Wolf Creek Building: 8-1p
All branches will have normal building hours the day before and after Thanksgiving.