Job Code: SJ
Category: Maintenance and Custodial
Location: Sylvania YMCA/JCC
Job Type: Part-Time
Seeking energetic, hardworking and experienced person to fill position within the YMCA branch.
- The incumbent should have facility maintenance background to properly understand the nature and function of buildings and properties. High School diploma is required. CPR and First Aid certification required. Must be willing and able to become a Certified Pool Operator. Strong human relations and communication skills in order to work effectively with staff and volunteers are essential. Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision are necessary as well.
- Continually audit all physical/mechanical systems (including the swimming pool systems) to ensure efficient and proper operation.
- General electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Replace ceiling tiles, light bulbs, re-keying locks as needed.
- Trimming of shrubbery, distribution of mulch, weeding and other landscaping functions as needed.
- General carpentry, painting, and other building maintenance functions normally a part of commercial building maintenance upkeep.
- Perform regular pool filter cleaning and water treatment with appropriate written documentation as dictated by YMCA and Health Department standards/guidelines.
- Candidates must have availability to work potential evenings and weekends.
Please apply by January 27, 2017.