Job Code: WE
Category: Arts and Humanities
Location: West Toledo YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Provides direct supervision and instruction to a group of children. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all children as part of the overall program experience.
- Understands and demonstrates the YMCA philosophy and core values.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Acts as a liason between the Program Director and all families associated with programming.
- Plans and implements program activities that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Responsible for maintainence of program Supplies.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist in volunteer reqruitment.
- Participates in the YMCA Annual Scholarship Campaign as donor and campaigner.
- Assist the Program Director is matters as so decided.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Developing Others
- Quality Results
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in an Art setting.
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, first aid, AED certifications, and child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.