WHEN YOU JOIN THE Y, YOU BELONG TO A PLACE WHERE...
Parents find a safe, positive environment for their children to learn good values, social skills and behaviors. Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
Children and teens play, learn who they are, what they can achieve, and are accepted. Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to lead healthier lifestyles.
Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back. We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
As a Y Member, you’LL EXPERIENCE…
• FREE fitness classes
• My Y is Now Every Y in Ohio - Use any Y in Ohio at no extra charge
• Group fitness classes - Group Power, Group Ride, R30 and Drums Alive
• 10 area YMCA and JCC branches
• Free babysitting while you work out
• Reduced prices on Y Child Care
• 7 indoor and 2 outdoor pools, slides and water toys
• 11 fitness centers with state-of-the-art equipment
• 9 gymnasiums
• 4 family adventure centers
• Climbing wall
• Racquetball courts
• Saunas, steam rooms, whirlpool
• Gymnastics center
• Swim lessons, adult & youth sports and arts & humanities classes
• Programming at YMCA Storer Camps
• Healthy living initiatives
The mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo welcomes all individuals. We invite people with disabilities who need accommodations for programs and facilities to please call their branch.
The safety of our members is our top priority. All members are required to have their photo taken to ensure safety and security for all. Key tags are issued to members upon joining the Y. Please present your key tag each time you enter the facility.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA is a Christian-based organization where children are often present. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities or when participating in programs. The Y is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests.
We expect persons using the Y to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. This Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
Membership is a privilege, not a right. All members are expected to adhere to the YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo code of conduct at all times while participating in YMCA programs. Membership may be revoked for conduct that conflicts with this code.
Proper attire is required in all areas of the YMCA/JCC. Shirts, shorts, sweats and shoes are appropriate. In the swimming pools, whirlpool, saunas and steam rooms, proper swimming suits are required. For racquetball and handball, protective eye wear is strongly recommended.
The YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo does not provide accident insurance for injuries sustained during YMCA/JCC activities. Members and program participants partake in programs and use the facilities at their own risk and are encouraged to have personal medical insurance coverage.
USE OF FACILITIES BY CHILDREN
Children nine years and under must be actively supervised by a parent or guardian age 18 or older or must be enrolled in a supervised program.
Children ages 10-15 are permitted to be at the Y for up to three hours without adult supervision.
• Members age 18 and older may use our wellness centers.
• Members ages 16–17 may use our wellness centers after completing a one-time orientation.
• Members ages 13–15 may use our wellness centers after completing a teen wellness center orientation, which is offered by program session.
• Please register for orientations at the Member Service Desk.
• Members under age 13 are not permitted to enter our wellness centers.
The YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo uses the Test, Mark and Protect wristband safety system at all of our branches with swimming pools.
Test: We require swim tests* for all children 15 years and younger to determine their swimming ability. Swimmers who do not take the test will be marked as non-swimmers. Each child will be given a swim band that clearly identifies their swimming ability.
*Swim test: Depending on the size and shape of pool, consists of jumping in the deep end first, treading water, swimming on the front (on top of the water), and swimming on the back. At any time, regardless of age, if a lifeguard questions a swimmer’s ability in the pool he or she can require a swim test.
Red Bands: Non-swimmer under the age of 10. Adult must actively supervise and accompany red band swimmer in shallow water.
Yellow Bands: Non-swimmer age 10 or older. Must stay in pool areas with a depth at or below the shoulders.
Green Bands: Swimmer. May swim in any area of the pool.
Blue Bands: Swimmer meeting the height requirement for facility water slide. May swim in any area of the pool and may use the water slide.
Protect: Only properly fitted US coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
MEMBER GUEST PRIVILEGES
Members (ages 18 and up) are entitled to bring three guests per year for free. Please visit the Member Service Desk to check in your guest. To bring additional guests, the following prices apply: $5 youth, $8 adult, $12 family.
• Guests may visit up to three times per year at all YMCA/JCC locations combined.
• An adult member must accompany guests at all times while in YMCA/JCC facilities.
• Guests must present photo IDs and sign the visitor book/waiver.
• Guest hours vary by season and branch. Please call ahead for days/times.
The KidZone is a free babysitting service for members’ children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
• Children may be in the KidZone for up to 2 1/2 hours per day.
• Peanut products are not allowed in the KidZone.
• Parents must remain at the Y/J while their children are in the KidZone.
• Children must wear socks while in the KidZone.
• A fee may apply for a child guest.
Schedules for group exercise classes, pool and gym availability, water fitness, SilverSneakers® programs, etc. can be found on our website – ymcatoledo.org under each branch location.
Personal, partner and group training in our pools, gyms and wellness centers are a member service. Trainers not employed by the YMCA/JCC may not train individuals in our facilities.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Food and beverages are not permitted in the workout areas, with the exception of water bottles.
Lockers are available for members free of charge. Please bring your own lock.
Use of electronic devices – cameras, cell phones, smart phones, etc. – is strictly forbidden in locker rooms and restrooms.
LOST AND FOUND
Please bring any found items to the Member Service Desk. Items will be kept for 30 days. After 30 days, the items will be donated to charity. The YMCA/JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please leave valuables at home.
Use of tobacco products and/or smoking is prohibited in all YMCA/JCC facilities and on all YMCA/JCC grounds.
Automatic Payment Plan changes or cancellations require a 30-day written notice. Cancellations are honored only after a minimum of 12 months of continuous membership.
• A full refund will be issued if a program is cancelled by the Y.
• Refunds will be issued, minus a $10 processing fee, if member’s request to withdraw from class is made before the first day of the class session.
• Refunds will be issued by a YMCA check unless the original transaction was charged to a credit card. The same account number will be credited.
• Refund checks may take 3-4 weeks to process.
• No cash refunds will be issued at any time.
• A full refund will be issued if request to withdraw from class is made before the first day of the session.
• A half credit will be issued if request to withdraw is made after the class has started, but before week three.
• After week three, no credit will be issued unless request is accompanied by a physician’s statement and then only pro-rated credit will be issued.
• Refunds or credits will not be issued for classes cancelled due to weather or holidays.
• Credit expires one year after issue date.
RETURN BANK DRAFT
Any draft returned for any reason may be collected by a third party and will also be charged a service fee which will also be electronically debited. This is in addition to any fees charged by your financial institution. The YMCA/JCC reserves the right to cancel my membership due to unpaid returned drafts.
For the safety of our members and staff during severe weather, it may be necessary for us to cancel classes and/or close for a portion of the day. Please call your branch or check our website for updates. Emergency Weather Policy
On holidays, branches may be closed or have limited hours. Please visit ymcatoledo.org or call your branch for updates.
Major maintenance in our facilities requires that we close certain areas for extended periods of time, during which members may continue to use other areas of the facility or our other branches.
With My Y is Now Every Y in Ohio - YMCA members have the flexibility to use any Y throughout Ohio at no extra charge. Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating Ohio YMCA.
WINTER I SESSION
Session: January 5-February 28
Fort Meigs Open-1p
Sylvania Y/J Open-1p
Wolf Creek Open-1p
Fort Meigs Closed
South at Morse Closed
Sylvania Y/J Closed
Wolf Creek Closed
New year's eve
Fort Meigs Open-4p
South at Morse Open-4p
Sylvania Y/J Open-4p
Wolf Creek Open-4p
NEW YEAR'S day
Fort Meigs 8a-1p
South at Morse 8a-1p
Sylvania Y/J 8a-1p
Wolf Creek 8a-1p