Learn personal safety skills, swimming technique, and water sports while building confidence in the water.
Through our aquatics program, the Y helps develop swimming and water safety skills for children in addition to providing members of all ages with classes, programs, and lessons to promote health and well being through water-based activities.
- Water Fitness - Water fitness classes are for individuals of every age, held in both shallow and deep water. All classes are led by our YMCA-certified water fitness instructors.
- Swim Lessons - The YMCA Swim Lessons Program has two main components: Parent/Child and Preschool Aquatic Program and Youth and Adult Aquatic Program. The first is for children under the age of five and their parents; the second is for children ages 6 and up, as well as adults and people with disabilities. Placement chart
- Pool Rental - Our pools are available during open swim time and after hours upon request. Lifeguards and a building supervisor will be provided. Several facilities also have inflatables available. Please contact your local Y for details.
- Recreational Swimming - We offer a wide variety of recreational programs for all ages and abilities. All of our programs are built on both solid research in the field of aquatics, as well as our four core values — caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Swim Teams - YMCA swim team is for swimmers ages 5-21. The team offers developmental instruction, age-group training, advanced conditioning, and in-depth technique and skill analysis. The YMCA participates in the Great Lakes YMCA Zone Conference, which includes YMCA teams and USA teams in the Northwest Ohio area.
- Francis Family YMCA Sting Rays
- Fort Meigs YMCA Sting Rays
- Wolf Creek YMCA Marlins
- Toledo YMCA Swim Team
Water Sports & Specialty Programs - We offer programs such as competitive swimming, triathlon training, snorkeling, scuba, and kayaking.