Job Code: DF
Fitness Instructor (Land or Water)
Category: Fitness & Wellness
Location: YMCA of Lenawee County
Job Type: Part-Time
To instruct a group exercise class according to the guidelines of the YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Instructor training. Insure the safety of all participants during class.
- 1. Insure the safety of all participants in class.
- Be at the YMCA, or designated work site, prior to class to prepare.
- Make sure all necessary equipment is out before class is scheduled to begin and return equipment to storage after class.
- Conduct class in accordance with standard conditioning principles according to designated program you have been assigned to teach.
- Be aware at all times to participant’s level of activity intensity, encouraging them to go at their own pace.
- Observe building policies, restrictions, and emergency procedures.
- Openly promote health enhancement programs offered at the YMCA.
- Keep accurate attendance records.
- Attend all fitness staff meetings and training sessions when deemed necessary by your supervisor.
- Be dressed in appropriate attire when while teaching class.
- Keep supervisor informed of any equipment that needs fixed or replaced.
- Notify supervisor and customer service desk of any injuries or emergencies. Incident/Accident reports must be completed and turned in for any incidents.
- Portrayal of the core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility at all times.
- In an effort to keep employee injuries to a minimum, will encourage all staff to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. In all incidences, proper equipment must be used for the task being performed.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A YMCA Fitness Instructor is required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, exercise science, exercise techniques, group leadership and experience in the specific fitness program they are teaching. Certification in CPR, First Aid, AED, required immediately. Principles of Healthy Lifestyles. In addition, the following program specific trainings are required where applicable:
YMCA Cardio and Step Instructor (within 90 days except of cycling)
YMCA Group Cycling (within 90 days, cycling only)
Group Fitness Certification from YMCA, ACE, AFAA, WITS, Johnny G’s Cycling, ACSM required if needed by the specific program.
Yoga Fit (Yoga only)
YMCA Pilates Instructor (only for YMCA based Pilates)
Stott, Powerhouse Pilates for non YMCA based programs.
If interested, please send resume to Tim Wilson at email@example.com.