Job Code: EA
Location: Eastern Community YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
The Gymnastics Instructor is responsible for the instruction of the preschool gymnastics and/or tumbling programs at the Eastern Community YMCA following the YMCA of the USA guidelines and recommendations. Candidate would need to be available Monday and Tuesday evenings, weekly.
- Develop lesson plans for each class, based on the requirements of the course. Each class will be planned to include warm ups, review, skill development, personal growth and safety and conditioning.
- Arrive 15 minutes before first scheduled class to ensure equipment is set up and arranged properly and safely for class. Classes must start and end on time.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for assigned classes.
- Be available to parents to share details of student progress or issues.
- Keep Program Director informed of any problems, concerns, equipment damage.
- Participate in warm ups, spotting and demonstrating during each class.
- Be familiar with other YMCA/JCC programs and be prepared to answer questions as needed.
- Be aware of all staff’s responsibility to keep the entire building clean and safe. Report any building concerns to supervisor. Pick up and dispose of any trash found as you walk through the building and grounds.
- Attend all scheduled department staff meetings.
- If not able to teach a scheduled class due to illness or personal conflict, make arrangements for a qualified substitute teacher as far in advance as possible.
- Be familiar with and follow all Total Quality Management standards.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Observe building policies, restrictions, and emergency procedures.
- Be dressed in appropriate attire when while teaching class.
- In an effort to keep employee injuries to a minimum, will encourage all staff to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner. In all incidences, proper equipment must be used for the task being performed.
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor.
Send resume or letter of interest electronically by February 28, 2019 to Dayre Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.