Job Code: WC
Category: Arts and Humanities
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Keywords: Dance Instructor
To provide instruction for various Dance Classes, and Arts & Humanities Classes.
- Be within the area of instructing and ready to teach prior to class start time.
- Obtain class roster from Program Director prior to class start time.
- Responsible for taking attendance of class participants during the session.
- Welcome each participant and their parents.
- Plan and execute a fun, educational, creative class.
- See that each class includes: Introduction, Review, Skill Development, Personal Growth, and Safety.
- Keep the room neat and clean.
- Report any damaged equipment and recommendations to the Program Director.
- Do not turn children away if they are not on your class roster. Include them in your class and clear it up later with the Program Director.
- Advise the Program Director if a student is unable to keep up with course curriculum, we may need to move them to a different program or look at alternative solutions.
- Be consistent, courteous, and helpful and most of all. Make sure that all of the kids have FUN!
- Keep Program Director informed at all times of substitutes.
- Weave YMCA core values and mission into class curriculum.
Instructor must possess the desire and capability to work with children (Pre-school and School Age). Strong background in dance and previous dance instruction required. Previous experience in teaching hip hop, ballet, contemporary dance in ages 3-teens. Weekday morning and evening availability.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: An Arts & Humanities instructor effects the entire operation of the Wolf Creek YMCA. Each instructor will help each student to grow, clarify personal values, appreciate diversity, become better leaders and supporters, develop and strengthen family relationships and have fun through your direct involvement with the child in the program.
If interested, please send resume electronically by Jan. 31, 2020 to Britney Gerathy at email@example.com