Job Code: WC
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
To ensure the safety of all swimmers and observers in the pool area, while maintaining a clean and fun environment.
A YMCA Swim Instructor must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times: Adult/Infant and Child CPR (Lay responder), Swim Instructor V6 Certification
- Be on deck and ready to teach on time.
- Ensure that all students follow pool rules and policies.
- Teach swim lessons according to YMCA policies.
- Keep a positive attitude while teaching students.
- Maintain a visual on all students that are in your class.
- Find and secure your own substitute when needed, compete Sub Request Form and turn in to your supervisor for approval.
- Check the board and pool book daily to keep up to date on upcoming events.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring and Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers and supervisor at all times.
- Attend all in-service and other required trainings.
- Perform all duties that are included in your shift (Player Space Entries)
- Know the names of your students and become aware of all swimming abilities.
- Read and understand evaluation criteria.
- Maintain a high level a of swim lesson understanding.
- Wear appropriate uniforms at all times (Suit and Shirt).
- Have all progress reports completed by the second to last week, in case of a sub for your class.
- Perform any unique duties requested as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.