Job Code: WP
Category: Youth Sports
Location: Wayman Palmer YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
The Sports Coordinator is responsible for the planning, budgeting and coordination of all sports related programming at the Wayman Palmer Branch of the YMCA of Greater Toledo.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Minimum two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Understands and fully participates in the Y-Improvement model for his/her branch as well as any assigned Association initiatives. Will ensure data within the Y-Improvement model is accurate and up to date. Will be accountable for meeting or exceeding target conditions related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
• Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
• Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If interested send resume electronically by February 15, 2019 to Eric Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.