Job Code: CC
Early Childhood Lead Preschool Teacher-Head Start
Category: Child Care, Child Development
Location: DeVeaux Child Development Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Site Director and/or Assistant Director, the Lead Teacher is responsible for carrying out the day to day classroom at the specified program. She/he will be responsible for planning, leading program activities, assessment, snack and meal service, and communicating effectively with the children, their parents, YMCA/JCC personnel, and the center guest when needed. She/he will work cooperatively with the center director to provide day to day guidance to the Teacher Assistants.
- Maintain safe and secure environment for children, being aware of child activities at all times.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Prepares lesson plans and maintains a learning environment with developmentally appropriate activities.
- Provides for the care of the physical and emotional needs of the child using positive reinforcement
- Fostering independence, and acting as a role model for the child.
- Communicate effectively with children, their parents, other YMCA/JCC staff, and center guests.
- Report any concerns to your supervisor.
- Respond to emergencies according to YMCA/JCC procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding
- An understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and development.
- Specific knowledge in developmentally appropriate practices for the age group.
- Must have or enroll in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, and Prevention of Infectious Diseases.
- Warm and friendly personality and the desire to work directly with young children.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Meet ODJFS licensing qualifications in training and background check.
Please submit resumes electronically by Friday March 1st, 2019 to Rachelle Wells email@example.com.
Position will begin early March.