Job Code: WC
Summer Day Camp Counselor
Category: Summer Day Camp
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Position Description: To ensure the safety of all participants enrolled in camp. Be sure that all participants receive quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.
- Arrive on time for your scheduled shift.
- Be flexible
- Attend orientation
- Follow directions given to you by your supervisors
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Enforce and follow all safety rules.
- Communicate openly with families and provide superior member service.
- Handle behavior issues appropriately
- Work well with others
- Encourage teamwork as well as individual work.
- Set the proper example at all times.
- Have fun!
- Teach curriculum guidelines and help develop lesson plans for each day.
- Take attendance every day.
- Make sure proper paper work is filled out for behavior/incident reports.
- Follow all YMCA/JCC policies, licensing and TQM standards
- Attend all required trainings
- Adhere to any other duties deemed necessary by your supervisor.
- Follow dress code.
- Arrive on time for camp each day.
Position Requirements: A Camp Counselor is expected to know how to work with children and their families. They will be expected to be energetic and ready for each day.
Please send your resume to Day Camp Director Hannah Koenig at email@example.com.