Job Code: WC
Day Camp Lead Counselor
Category: Summer Day Camp
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
In harmony with the Christian Nature, purpose and goals of the YMCA of Greater Toledo, this position shall:
- Provide a safe, positive and nurturing environment for young children
- Maintain and adhere to all YMCA and policies and procedures
- Work as a team member within the YMCA to provide services to families and children
- Meet or exceed the job segments listed below
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Enforce and follow all safety rules.
- Help staff plan and lead appropriate activities for children in a specified program area, as part of a daily rotation.
- Keep all theme teams motivated, and make sure assignments are being completed.
- Adhere to daily schedule.
- Help staff to complete lesson plans each week, come prepared to lead activities with the children.
- Delegate tasks within program area to Day Camp counselors and area Leaders.
- Set proper examples at all times.
- Keep the YMCA philosophy in mind with all actions and activities.
- Adhere to all Total Quality Management standards.
- Keep areas neat and clean.
- Work as team member with other employees.
- Promote values of respect, honesty, caring and responsibility.
- Maintain accurate accountability of children in the group, including appropriate ratios.
- Perform tasks as a professional and team player.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Maintain an appropriate adult relationship with the children, families and staff.
- Communicate openly with Day Camp Director.
- Treat the camp site with respect and clean up accordingly.
- Take leadership in the Day Camp Program when Director is not available.
- Be available for the parents, staff, and children when the Director is not.
Position Requirements: Lead Counselor will be expected to know how to work with children and their families, successful experience in a Day Camp/Day Care setting and some experience in supervising staff will be preferred.
Please send your resume to Day Camp Director Hannah Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org.