Job Code: WE
Category: Maintenance and Custodial
Location: West Toledo YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Rate: 10-11.50/hr. depending upon experience
Under the guidance of the District Property Manager, the Maintenance Generalist is responsible for ensuring a well maintained facility with equipment in good working order; to work with staff and volunteers, providing the best possible physical environment for the membership and the community.
The incumbent should have facility maintenance background to properly understand the nature and function of buildings and properties. High School diploma is required. CPR and First Aid certification required upon 90 days after hire. Strong human relations and communication skills in order to work effectively with staff and volunteers are essential. Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision are necessary as well.
10-15 hours a week. Flexible scheduling available!
- Perform all necessary maintenance duties required within the Branch on a timely basis, making sure our facilities are in good working order for the use and enjoyment of our members. These duties are described in more detail on the General Maintenance Functions section below.
- In the absence of the District Property Manager serve as “on-call” staff person in case of facility emergencies.
- Work with contractors and vendors as directed by the District Property Manager.
- Assist the District Property Manager with budget controls and take effective action to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Perform any other duties as deemed appropriate by the District Property Manager.
General Maintenance Functions:
- Continually audit all physical/mechanical systems (including the swimming pool systems) to ensure efficient and proper operation.
- General electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Replace ceiling tiles, light bulbs, re-keying locks as needed.
- Trimming of shrubbery, distribution of mulch, weeding and other landscaping functions as needed.
- General carpentry, painting, and other building maintenance functions normally a part of commercial building maintenance upkeep.
- Perform regular pool filter cleaning and water treatment with appropriate written documentation as dictated by YMCA and Health Department standards/guidelines.
Effect on the End Result:
The overall effectiveness of this position will be measured by:
- Community recognition for clean and well-maintained facilities.
- High level of member satisfaction and retention.
Please submit resumes to Shawn Billau at email@example.com by Nov. 13th 2019