Job Code: SJ
Location: Sylvania YMCA/JCC
Job Type: Seasonal
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Aquatics Director is responsible for the leadership and advancement of the Aquatics programming for the Sylvania Branch of the YMCA of Greater Toledo. This position will assist in the development and implementation of innovative programs and activities, supervise, guide and develop staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment, and ensure program outcomes are consistently achieved.
- Assists in supervising program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Maintain audit binder and assure staff is being audited per insurance requirements.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Creates and schedules lifeguard shifts and assists with scheduling of aquatic programming.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Will work 40 hours per week between Memorial Day and Labor Day; 10 hours per week must be on deck. Shorter work weeks will begin in March to prepare for opening of outdoor pool, will include training, job shadowing, recruitment and hiring of summer staff, physical prep of outdoor pool facility, and any other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Must have availability early mornings, weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Must have valid lifeguarding certification.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with the creation of and helps to monitor budget for the aquatic department.
The Aquatics Director will have a high level of knowledge and demonstrated competence in the areas of aquatics programming. One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor. Appropriate certifications are required, which include YMCA Lifeguarding, Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens. Proven ability to display initiative, good judgment, and ability to make decisions independently. Able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; conduct training programs, create policies and guidelines, will possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment as well as ThinSoft Programs. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
If interested, send resume electronically by January 31, 2020 to Diana Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org