Job Code: FF
Day Camp Coordinator
Category: Child Care, Child Development
Location: Francis Family YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
General Function: To ensure the safety of all participants enrolled in Day Camp. Be sure that participants receive quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.
- Assist fellow staff members with planning, implementation, and carrying out of daily activities.
- Serve as a role model for campers and other staff. Play roles of leader, teacher, counselor, disciplinarian, and friend.
- Keep all teams motivated and make sure assignments are being completed.
- Maintain a constant communication line with director and other staff members.
- Responsible for the health and safety of the campers from the time they arrive at camp to the time they are picked up to go home.
- Establish positive working relationships with parents creating a close personal atmosphere that continues to establish camp within the community.
- Attend and be prepared to facilitate staff meetings.
- Be prepared for the day’s activities ahead of time.
- Responsible for maintaining the program areas and inventory of camp equipment.
- Responsible for teaching within the scope of that week’s theme.
- Learn, lead, and participate in songs, games, stories, arts & crafts projects or any other program areas relevant to day camp.
- Assist with daily check-in and check-out of campers while following all set procedures.
- Delegate tasks within program area to Day Camp Counselors.
- Interpret and enforce all safety and health regulations.
- Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations.
- Be available for the parents, staff and children when the Director is not.
- Being alert to new program opportunities and responsive to evaluations.
- Actively participate in the Annual YMCA Scholarship Campaign.
- Supervise and evaluate seasonal summer staff.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants.
If interested, send resume electronically by February 10, 2020 to Joshua Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org