Job Code: AW
Personal Trainer/Sports Performance Coach
Location: Anthony Wayne Community YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Implement youth and adult sports training programs that include speed, agility, conditioning, core strength, injury prevention, flexibility, post-game recovery and strength training.
- A required personal training certification from an accredited organization: ACE, AFAA, ACSM or WITS. Speed & Agility and Strength & Conditioning certifications are a plus.
- Required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, exercise science, exercise techniques, individual and group leadership.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to communicate effectively with clientele and team members while having a dynamic personality.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Deliver and supervise program activities as outlined by the Anthony Wayne Community YMCA objectives.
- Develop new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Ability to work well in one-on-one, small group and large team settings.
- Communicate effectively with adults, parents and coaches to align training goals.
- Create and implement an electronic monitoring program that tracks individual and group progress. Ensure that progress is shared with athletes and/or coaches on a timely manner.
- Manages the marketing and distribution of program information, self-motivated to build clientele.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships within the community.
Part-time, hours vary during weekly program times, maximum 28 hours/week