Job Code: WE
Category: Arts and Humanities
Location: West Toledo YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Keywords: Dance Instructor
To provide instruction for various Dance Classes.
KNOW HOW/ QUALIFICATIONS:
The preferred candidate would have knowledge and passion of various dance styles and experience teaching and working with children. Instructor must be willing to plan, execute, and develop program while ensuring a safe and positive environment for all participants. We are looking for teachers who can teach hip hop, jazz, ballet, tap and/or contemporary dance styles.
- Be within the area of instructing and ready to teach prior to class start time.
- Obtain class roster from Program Director prior to class start time. Responsible for taking attendance of class participants during the session.
- Welcome each participant and their parents.
- Plan and execute a fun, educational, creative class.
- See that each class includes: Introduction, Review, Skill Development, Personal Growth, and Safety.
- Keep the room neat and clean. Report any damaged equipment and recommendations to the Program Director.
- Do not turn children away if they are not on your class roster. Include them in your class and clear it up later with the Program Director.
- Advise the Program Director if a student is unable to keep up with course curriculum, we may need to move them to a different program or look at alternative solutions.
- Be consistent, courteous, and helpful and most of all …. make sure that all of the kids have FUN!
- Keep Program Director informed at all times of substitutes.
- Weave YMCA core values and mission into class curriculum.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
An Arts & Humanities instructor effects the entire operation of the West Toledo YMCA. Each instructor will help each student to grow, clarify personal values, appreciate diversity, become better leaders and supporters, develop and strengthen family relationships and have fun through your direct involvement with the child in the program.
WAGES/BENEFITS: To be agreed upon by applicant and Program Director and related to qualifications and previous work experience.