Job Code: FM
Category: Child Care, Child Development
Location: Fort Meigs YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the direction of the Youth and Family Director, and in accordance with the YMCA/JCC of Greater Toledo, the Kid Zone Coordinator is responsible for the management and growth of the Kid Zone and Youth Center programming (when applicable).
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead all Kid Zone programs by providing direction, leadership, support, and efficiencies for team members through strategic planning, administrative standardization, quality standards, and risk management.
- Collaborate with Branch Leadership and staff to ensure excellence and consistency in service through daily care of members.
- Responsible for the monthly schedule
- Champion program curriculums, development, staffing and set annual standards that achieve programmatic outcomes and are reviewed and verified through audits, surveys, and on-site visits.
- Act as a mentor to the Kid Zone program staff in the areas of programming, leadership, and staff development. Ensures staff are trained and prepared to achieve the desired quality, safety, and program outcomes.
- Adhere to and assist in the creation of a Kid Zone budget for the branch.
- Provide initial orientation for new staff and ongoing training for all staff.
- Assist with Annual Campaign by gathering pledges from Kid Zone staff members.
- Maintain regular cleaning schedule for Kid Zone equipment and toys.
- Lead staff meetings after Kid Zone hours for all Kid Zone staff members.
- Work with supervisor determining purchasing needs for the department (i.e. wrist bands, labels, staff shirts, etc). Watch inventory and notify supervisor when supplies are low.
Above all, ensure that member needs are being met
Certification in YMCA related areas are recommended, CPR/FA required. Good supervisory and organizational skills are required. 1-2 years experience in Kid Zone or childcare atmosphere a must. Excellent communication skills and ability to work a flexible schedule required. Prior experience in a supervisory position required.
If interested, please submit resume electronically by March 31, 2019 to Amy Tanner at firstname.lastname@example.org.