Keeping You Informed.
The mission of the YMCA is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo welcomes all individuals. We invite people with disabilities who need accommodations for programs and facilities to please call their branch.
PHOTO ID REQUIRED
Photo ID is required for all new memberships, guest passes, tours and program registrations. The YMCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone without photo ID.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA is a Christian-based organization where children are often present. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities or when participating in programs. The Y is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests.
We expect persons using the Y to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. This Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct.
Membership is a privilege, not a right. All members are expected to adhere to the YMCA of Greater Toledo code of conduct at all times while participating in YMCA programs. Membership may be revoked for conduct that conflicts with this code.
Visit any participating Y in the United States for FREE! Valid for all active, full facility YMCA members. Nationwide members must use their home Y at least 50% of the time. Y members under special membership arrangements, such as group homes, service agencies, program participants, SilverSneakers®, SilverandFit, etc. may visit other Y’s as a guest. For a full list of participating Y’s and for full rules/regulations please visit ymca.net/nationwide-membership.
TRY THE Y
Guests are welcome! Each YMCA member may bring unlimited guests; each guest gets two visits per calendar year. Guests visiting with a member will be admitted free of charge. Guests visiting without a member will be charged per our current rate structure.
Connect With Us
Facebook: YMCA of Greater Toledo
LinkedIn: YMCA of Greater Toledo
Our FREE mobile app, Y Toledo, is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Log your workouts, check branch schedules, set goals and connect to other fitness apps. Scan into the Y with your Y App From the home screen, click the barcode in the top left corner, select “Add Barcode.” From here you can either scan your Y key fob or type in your barcode # and it will be saved in the app for future use.
With your online account, you can register for programs, view registration, and payment history, pay program balances, update banking and personal information and more. Simply login at ymcatoledo.org.
Schedules for group exercise classes, pool and gym availability, water fitness, SilverSneakers® programs, etc. can be found on our website – ymcatoledo.org under each branch location.
Personal Training, Personal Training Plus and MX4 Interval Training are member services. Trainers not employed by the YMCA may not train individuals in our facilities.
FAILED AUTOMATIC PAYMENT
If your check, automatic bank payment or credit card payment is returned for any reason, it will be collected electronically by a third party provider. You will be responsible for a $10 return fee and $25 late fee. The check writer/card holder is also responsible for all other fees charged by your financial institution.
Automatic payment plan changes or cancelations require a five business day notification. Cancelations can be done in person at a local branch after completion of 12 month commitment. Members are responsible for final payment.
Memberships are not refundable or non-transferable.
- A full refund will be issued if a program is canceled by the Y due to lack of enrollment.
- A full refund will be issued if request to withdraw from class is made before the first day of the session.
- A half credit will be issued if request to withdraw is made after the class has started, but before week three.
- After week three, no credit will be issued unless request is accompanied by a physician’s statement and then only pro-rated credit will be issued.
- Refunds or credits will not be issued for classes cancelled due to weather or holidays.
- Credit expires one year after issue date.
The safety of our members is our top priority. All members are required to have their photo taken to ensure safety and security for all. Key fobs are issued to members upon joining the Y. Please present your key fob each time you enter the facility.
SEX OFFENDER SCREENINGS
In order to better protect the youth and families that we serve, the YMCA of Greater Toledo is participating in a screening process of our members, guests, outside contractors and vendors to prevent access to registered sex offenders.
The KidZone is a free babysitting service for members’ children ages 6 weeks to 12 years.
- Children may be in the KidZone for up to 2 1/2 hours per day.
- Peanut products are not allowed in the KidZone.
- Parents must remain at the Y while their children are in the KidZone.
- Children must wear socks while in the KidZone.
USE OF FACILITIES BY CHILDREN
Children nine years and under must be actively supervised by a parent or guardian age 18 or older or must be enrolled in a supervised program.
Children ages 10-15 are permitted to be at the Y for up to three hours without adult supervision.
- Members age 18 and older may use our wellness centers.
- Members ages 16–17 may use our wellness centers after completing a one-time orientation.
- Members ages 13–15 may use our wellness centers after completing a one-time teen wellness center orientation.
- Members ages 10-12 are only permitted to use cardio machines after completing a one-time youth wellness center orientation with their parent/guardian present. They are also permitted to take fitness classes while accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Please register for orientations at the Member Service Desk.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo uses the Test, Mark and Protect wristband safety system at all of our branches with swimming pools.
Test: We require swim tests* for all children 15 years and younger to determine their swimming ability. Swimmers who do not take the test will be marked as non-swimmers. Each child will be given a swim band that clearly identifies their swimming ability.
*Swim test: Depending on the size and shape of pool, the test consists of jumping in the deep end, treading water, swimming on the front (on top of the water), and swimming on the back.
At any time, regardless of age, if a lifeguard questions a swimmer’s ability in the pool he or she can require a swim test.
- Red Band: Non-swimmer under the age of 10. Adult must actively supervise and accompany red band swimmer in shallow water.
- Yellow Band: Non-swimmer age 10 or older. Must stay in pool areas with a depth at or below the shoulders.
- Green Band: Swimmer. May swim in any area of the pool.
- Blue Bands: Swimmer meeting the height requirement for facility water slide. May swim in any area of the pool and may use the water slide.
- Protect: Only properly fitted US coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Food and beverages are not permitted in the workout areas, with the exception of water bottles.
Lockers are available for members free of charge. Please bring your own lock.
Use of electronic devices – cameras, cell phones, smart phones, etc. – is strictly forbidden in locker rooms and restrooms.
For the safety of our members and staff during severe weather, it may be necessary for us to cancel classes and/or close for a portion of the day. Please call your branch, check ymcatoledo.org and social media for updates.
On holidays, branches may be closed or have limited hours. Please visit ymcatoledo.org or call your branch for updates.
Major maintenance in our facilities requires that we close certain areas for extended periods of time, during which members may continue to use other areas of the facility or our other branches.
Proper attire is required in all areas of the YMCA. Shirts, shorts, sweats and shoes are appropriate. In the swimming pools, whirlpool, saunas and steam rooms, proper swimming suits are required. For racquetball and handball, protective eye wear is strongly recommended.
LOST AND FOUND
Please bring any found items to the Member Service Desk. Items will be kept for 30 days. After 30 days, the items will be donated to charity. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please leave valuables at home.
Use of tobacco products and/or smoking is prohibited in all YMCA facilities and on all YMCA grounds.
The YMCA of Greater Toledo does not provide accident insurance for injuries sustained during YMCA activities. Members and program participants partake in programs and use the facilities at their own risk and are encouraged to have personal medical insurance coverage.