Weather Emergency Plans
*Note: Francis Family YMCA will follow Lucas County weather levels.
Fort Meigs YMCA will follow Wood County weather levels.
Snow Emergency: (As determined by the county where the Branch or Child Care program is located)
• YMCA Child Care will operate as usual. If schools are closed, the full day Child Care sites will be open.
• YMCA Branches will operate as usual
• YMCA Child Care programs may have a two hour delay in opening. Second shift Child Care will operate with normal hours.
• YMCA Branches will be open for normal operating hours.
• YMCA Branch programs will be cancelled. If Level II is called overnight or in the morning, YMCA Branch programs will be cancelled until 4:00 pm. If Level II is lifted during that day a decision will be made at 2:00 pm as to whether evening programs will run as scheduled or be cancelled as well.
• The YMCA Child Care programs and second shift sites will be closed. If a Level III is called during the middle of the day, the center will close early. Every reasonable attempt to contact parents to come pick-up their children from the site will be made. If parents cannot be reached, other emergency contacts will be called. If a Level III is downgraded to a Level II in the middle of the day, YMCA Child Care will open the next morning.
• YMCA Branches will close.
Emergency School Closing:
If your child’s school has a situation where they must evacuate and close the building in the middle of the day, you will be required to make necessary arrangements to pick him or her up at school. The YMCA will pull together a staff team to provide care at your full day YMCA Child Care site in the event of an emergency school closing.
Emergency YMCA Child Care Closing:
If a YMCA Child Care site must close due to a building or snow emergency, the YMCA will make every attempt to make care available at an alternative YMCA Child Care location. YMCA Child Care Services (419.729.8135) will have updated information