Protect Yourself and Other Members
Important Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Walk into a YMCA Branch
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had digestive problems in the last 24 hours?
If you answer “yes” to any of these, do not enter the YMCA for the health and safety of other members. Depending on which question you answer yes to (and how long you’ve had the symptoms), you should rest, quarantine and/or consult a medical professional.
Important Things to Do During a Visit to the YMCA
You will see these member expectations posted in our branches. Here’s a preview:
- Stay home if anyone in your house is sick
- Wash hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean equipment and weights before and after every use
- Use only one piece of equipment at a time
- Maintain a distance of 6’ or more from other members
- Use a cloth face cover (not mandatory but recommended by CDC)
- Politely remind others if they forget to wipe down equipment
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of your elbow (then immediately wash your hands)