Disclaimer: I understand that I am engaging with a NutraVantage Registered Dietitian so that I can obtain information and guidance about health factors within my own control (diet, nutrition and related behaviors) to nourish and support my overall health and wellness. I understand the purpose of the NutraVantage programs and the benefits and risks, if any, associated with my participation in the NutraVantage programs provided by the YMCA of Greater Toledo. I understand that results are not guaranteed. I understand that NutraVantage Registered Dietitians do not dispense medical advice nor prescribe treatment. Rather, NutraVantage Registered Dietitians provide education to enhance my knowledge of health as it relates to food, dietary supplements and other related behaviors. I understand NutraVantage programs are not intended for the diagnosis of any disease and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis, treatment, and/or care of a disease by a medical provider.
Looking for Diet and Nutrition Advice? The Y Can Help!
Your “support team” at the YMCA just got bigger. Starting in 2020, you have access to Registered Dietitians through the Y.
The Registered Dietitian – or Nutrition Coach – joins other professionals at the Y to help you achieve your health goals:
- Personal trainers
- Group exercise instructors
- Fitness coaches
- Wellness director
How a Registered Dietitian Can Help You
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are health care professionals accredited through the Commission on Dietetic Registration. They provide proven, scientific evidence-based nutritional education.
Through an educational program that goes beyond counting calories, RDs learn the science and psychology behind living your healthiest life.
Our Registered Dietitians
- Personalize their advice and education to you
- Support your goals, from losing weight and reducing health risks to improving athletic performance
- Motivate you to adopt changes that unlock the best You
Ways to engage with a Registered Dietitian:
Ask the RD (Registered Dietitian) – a free email-based service to all YMCA members
Nutrition Phone Coaching – one-on-one coaching available at very affordable rates
These services result from an exclusive partnership the YMCA of Greater Toledo has with Ohio-based GemCare Wellness.
Credentials of the Registered Dietitian available to you through the YMCA and GemCare include:
- Bachelor’s degree (2 in 5 have advanced degrees)
- Completed 1,200 hours of supervised nutrition practice in a variety of settings (e.g. community nutrition and clinical nutrition)
- Passed Registered Dietitian exam
- Accredited through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Obtaining 75 continuing education units, or CEUs, every 5 years