Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo Sells JCC Campus to YMCA
TOLEDO, Ohio – January 2, 2019 – The Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo announced today the sale of the Jewish Community Center campus to the YMCA of Greater Toledo. The JCC and the YMCA have collaborated together on the campus for the past 20 years.
“Today’s sale marks the logical next step in the long-term relationship between the JCC and the YMCA,” said Eric Dubow, president of the Jewish Federation. “For almost 20 years, our organizations have worked together to enhance programming and services in the community, and this sale will benefit both entities well into the future.”
Brad Toft, president and CEO of the YMCA of Greater Toledo, said, “The YMCA wants to expand our programs and services in the Sylvania area, and this campus provides us the perfect foundation for future investment and growth,” he added.
This sales includes the recreation building, work wing, swimming pool, lake, parking lots, driveways, and land. The sale does not include:
- Sekach Building property or the Holocaust Memorial site: these will continue to be owned by the Jewish Federation
- Modular building that was the home of the Toledo Hebrew Academy’s Middle School (Jewish Federation and YMCA will be determining the future of this structure)
- Adjacent lots on which Temple Shomer Emunim and Congregation B'nai Israel are located, as those are owned by the individual congregations
Additional details of the sale:
- The campus, located at 6465 Sylvania Avenue, Sylvania, will continue to be called the YMCA-JCC of Greater Toledo
- Jewish Federation and Toledo Jewish Community Foundation offices will remain at this site at no charge
- YMCA will compensate the Jewish Federation approximately $500,000
About the Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo
The Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo is the central address for philanthropy, community programming, and services for the Jewish community of Northwest Ohio and parts of Southeast Michigan. Its mission is to provide programs and services to enhance the health, welfare, education, and cultural awareness of the entire Jewish community. Learn more at https://www.jewishtoledo.org/.
About the YMCA of Greater Toledo
The YMCA of Greater Toledo serves people of all ages and all walks of life. With more than 40 sites – used by more than 100,000 individuals – we are committed to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility. The YMCA has served the Greater Toledo community for more than 150 years. Learn more at www.ymcatoledo.org; learn about the national organization at www.ymca.net.