West Toledo YMCA Open House on May 4 Will Offer Chance to Participate in ‘Take It Off, Toledo!’ Wellness and Weight Loss Challenge
TOLEDO, Ohio – May 1, 2019 – The YMCA of Greater Toledo will offer an open house on Saturday, May 4, as part of its support of the city’s Take It Off, Toledo! wellness and weight loss challenge. Toledo residents looking for an opportunity to work out that day and/or explore the Y’s wellness programs are invited to the West Toledo YMCA during its normal hours – 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
From 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, the West Toledo Y will offer
- Health assessments
- Blood pressure screenings
- Body weight/BMI screenings
- General healthy lifestyle change information
- Information and, if desired, enrollment in the Y’s chronic disease management/prevention programs
- Family-oriented activities including inflatables, outdoor games, and healthy snacks
City residents are welcome to use facility and its amenities between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- 25-yard, six-lane indoor pool
- Leisure pool with zero depth entry, fountains, and slide
- Two-court gymnasium
- Wellness center
- Exercise studios
- Locker rooms
The Y is also supporting Take It Off, Toledo! through its supporting teams
- West Toledo Y Program Director Loren Gasser serves on the Movement Team of the wellness initiative
- YMCA of Greater Toledo Director of Health Living Beth Deakins serves on the Medical Team
The Y will host additional events per the following:
- Downtown YMCA – Tuesday, June 18, open house activities 4:30–6:30 pm, snacks, health assessments, outdoor Yoga in the Park class at 5:30 p.m.; the branch’s fitness center will be open to the public all day (5 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
- Wayman Palmer YMCA – Saturday, June 15, open house activities 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. with lunch for the first 200 people, inflatables and health assessments; access to the gym and fitness center 6 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.)
About the YMCA of Greater Toledo
The YMCA of Greater Toledo serves people of all ages and all walks of life. With more than 40 sites used by more than 100,000 individuals – we are committed to helping kids succeed in school, improving people’s health and well-being, and bringing people together. The YMCA has served the Greater Toledo community for more than 150 years. Learn more at www.ymcatoledo.org; learn about the national organization at www.ymca.net.