YMCA Open Houses on June 15 and 18 Will Offer Chance to Participate in ‘Take It Off, Toledo!’ Wellness and Weight Loss Challenge
TOLEDO, Ohio – June 13, 2019 – The YMCA of Greater Toledo will offer two all-day open houses in the next week as part of its support of the city’s Take It Off, Toledo! wellness and weight loss challenge. Toledo residents looking for an opportunity to work out that day and/or explore the Y’s wellness programs are invited to two local branches.
From 9 am to noon on Saturday, June 15, the Wayman D. Palmer Community YMCA at 2053 N. 14 th Street will open its doors to all city residents to its facility.
- Additionally, from 10 am to noon, Wayman will serve free food to the first 200 guests and also provide a bounce house and obstacle course for kids. (In addition to helping people improve their health and wellbeing, another focus area for the Y is bringing people of all ages together.)
From 5 am to 8 pm on Tuesday, June 18, the Downtown Toledo YMCA at 300 N. Summit Street will be open to all residents at no charge.
- From 4:30 – 6:30 pm, the Downtown Y will:
- Provide refreshments and a snack in the branch
- Give a free t-shirt to the first 100 people to tour the facility
From 5:30 – 6:30 pm on Tuesday, a Y fitness instructor will host a free one-hour yoga class in Promenade Park. Participants should bring a yoga mat or beach towel. The Downtown Y branch, adjacent to the park, offers the place to cool off afterwards with cold water, a snack and Downtown Toledo YMCA/Take It Off, Toledo! t-shirts.
Also supporting the Take It Off, Toledo! sub-teams are:
- West Toledo Y Program Director Loren Gasser via the Movement Team
- YMCA of Greater Toledo Director of Health Living Beth Deakins via the Medical Team
About the YMCA of Greater Toledo
The YMCA of Greater Toledo serves people of all ages and all walks of life. With more than 40 sites used by more than 100,000 individuals – we are committed to helping kids succeed in school, improving people’s health and well-being, and bringing people together. The YMCA has served the Greater Toledo community for more than 150 years. Learn more at www.ymcatoledo.org; learn about the national organization at www.ymca.net.