Job Code: AW
Category: Summer Day Camp
Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, the Instructor will help implement the Anthony Wayne Community YMCA youth art and/or sports camp programs. Relevant arts background.
• Promote character development through all aspects of the Summer Camp programs
• Understand the instructor staff role as a representative of the YMCA and project a positive image at all times within the community
• Develop own lesson plans with collaboration of Program Coordinator • Focus on skill and character development
• Promote a professional working environment
• Promote a professional demeanor while running Summer Camp programs
• Demonstrate objectivity in emotional situations by exercising impartiality in problem solving, and by maintaining patience, confidence, and composure under pressure and adverse circumstances
• Never be alone with a child at any time for any reason
• If you are unable to work, you are responsible for finding your own sub and communicating that sub to the Program Coordinator
• Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes for each shift
• Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Faith, Caring, and Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times
• No electronics are to be used during work hours, unless there is an emergency
• Keep busy at all times
• Keep all areas clean and neat, put things back where and how they were found
• Wear proper work attire at all times, for each department. No hats, maintain a professional image at all times
• Communicate supply needs
• Document and communicate to the Program Coordinator about any difficult situations that may arise
• Complete all other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
YMCA staff must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times: Adult/Child/Infant CPR, First Aid, O2 and AED.
If interested, please email resume and letter of interest to Karole Sigg at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2019.