Become a Certified Lifeguard
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK &
TO IMPACT PEOPLE'S LIVES
The YMCA of Greater Toledo offers a fun, rewarding, inclusive, and flexible workplace where your work improves people’s lives. Employment here opens doors to new (and full-time) jobs at the Y or – with our strong reputation – outside of the Y. The YMCA’s programs in the areas of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility change people’s lives, including yours. But the rewards go so much further.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
INSURANCE, RETIREMENT, Y MEMBERSHIP, TIME OFF AND MORE!
• Excellent insurance plans: medical, vision and dental
• Strong retirement plan: You can contribute to the YMCA Retirement Fund upon being hired; after 2 years of employment, the YMCA contributes another 10% of your salary
• Paid time off: new staff eligible for 12 days in the first year and 26 days in the second (more going forward)
• Free life insurance and long-term disability
• YMCA membership ($476 perk for individuals and $940 for families) and discounted programs including child care, camp, swim lessons and more
• Medical time bank: earn up to 480 hours
YMCA MEMBERSHIP, PAID TIME OFF AND MORE!
• YMCA membership ($476 perk for individuals and $940 for families) and discounted programs including child care, camp, swim lessons, and more
• Paid time off (PTO): part time staff who work at least 500 hours during 6-month periods (Jan 1 – June 30, July 1 – Dec 31) are eligible to receive 20 hours of PTO
• Full-time employment opportunities: many full-time YMCA staff started in part-time roles.
STRONG WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Y measurably improves people’s lives and strengthens the neighborhoods and communities we serve.
Making such a difference is deeply rewarding to our team
Where can you find meaningful work that offers rich rewards? Where can you, simultaneously, build a better future for yourself and for kids, families, and your community?
All of this can be found at the YMCA!
YMCAs get the job done through staff members who are carefully selected for their interests, skills and enthusiasm. With over 150 years of experience, YMCAs know that the mission is achieved one person at a time-carried out in the hearts and hands of each caring and competent staff member.
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are groups of employees that come together based on shared characteristics or life experience and providing each other with support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment! We have three ERGs at the YMCA of Greater Toledo.
WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP RESOURCE NETWORK
Women's Leadership Resource Network aims to create a nationwide network of female-identified Y professionals to provide networking opportunities; provide professional development experiences for YMCA staff from experts within our organization and from the local community; and encourage space for employees to share knowledge and experience, and encourage personal growth.
AFRICAN AMERICAN RESOURCE NETWORK
African American Resource Network was organized to provide leadership development of African Americans in the YMCA movement, and more specifically, for career and personal development, networking, training, and mentoring. We encourage you to engage with our members in this space and encourage others to join the group and discover ways you can get support AARN as a member or an ally.
LGBTQ Resource Network was organized in 2006, the YMCA LGBTQ+ Resource Network is comprised of LGBTQ YMCA professionals and policy volunteers who aim to ensure that all LGBTQ+ staff and volunteers are safe, welcomed, and valued (original Mission Statement, 2006)