Job Code: AW
Senior Program Director
Location: Anthony Wayne Community YMCA
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: $35,000 - $45,000
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in accordance with Association policies, the Senior Program Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Anthony Wayne Community YMCA facility. This position directly supervises multiple departments including but not limited to membership, sports, health and wellness, and other departments as mutually agreed upon. Preferred candidate will have expertise in health and wellness and have their personal training certification or will be willing to obtain their personal training certification. This position also assists the Executive Director with all facility operations and provides leadership to the YMCA Annual Campaign. The Senior Program Director will be in charge of all branch operations when the Executive Director is not at the facility.
- Staff Development: Hire, supervise, train and evaluate staff teams. Consults with Executive Director and Chief Resource Officer before suspending or terminating staff members.
- Volunteer Development: Develop and direct the YMCAs volunteer program. Records all volunteer hours monthly for reporting.
- Financial Development: Provide leadership to staff and volunteers in the YMCAs Annual Campaign. Assist with all other fundraising activities and goals.
- Budget Management: Prepares, develops, administers and controls all department fiscal budgets including meeting income targets and expense control, in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Y Improvement Model: Understands and fully implements the Y-Improvement model at his/her branch and will ensure that all management staff are fully engaged in the process.
- Facility Management: Responsible for providing clean and well maintained facilities and grounds. Work with staff to upgrade facilities and equipment.
- Strategic Planning: Works with the Executive Director and volunteers to develop annual branch goals and individual staff goals as determined by the Associations Strategic Plan.
- Recordkeeping: Gather statistics as needed.
- Risk Management: Ensure the safety of members and staff. Report any areas needing attention immediately to proper department.
- Program Team: Serve as Lead Staff Liaison for the Anthony Wayne YMCA Board of Managers.
- Schedule: Ability to work evenings as needed to best serve the membership and lead programming.
- Other Duties: Assist the Executive Director with any other projects or activities as assigned to help branch reach its goals and objectives.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Health & Wellness or Customer Service related field with a minimum of 5 years professional experience. Completion of the YMCA Leadership Competency Assessment will be required. He/she should have a positive history of leadership in the areas of staff development, program development, fiscal budgeting and management, and operational procedures. Multi Team or Branch Leader Certification preferred. Proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions independently is required. Able to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking, capacity to prepare reports, conduct training programs, create policies and guidelines, proven financial development experience and skills. Will possess competent computer skills in the Windows environment. A strong fitness/wellness background is required.
Please send resume and letter of interest to Kacy Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2019.