Learn personal safety skills, stroke development, and water sports while building confidence in the water.
Through various aquatic programs, the Y not only helps develop swimming and water safety skills, but also focuses on members' needs, as well as those of the community. From preschoolers to adults, overcoming fear of the water and developing water and swimming skills are rewarding. And, it promotes better health as a physical activity that can be performed throughout life.
- Water Fitness - Water fitness classes are for individuals of every age, held in both shallow and deep water. All classes are led by our YMCA-certified water fitness instructors.
- Swim Lessons - The YMCA Swim Lessons Program has two main components: Parent/Child and Preschool Aquatic Program and Youth and Adult Aquatic Program. The first is for children under the age of five and their parents; the second is for children ages 6 and up, as well as adults and people with disabilities. Placement chart
- Pool Rental - Everybody in the pool! If you are looking for a splash-tastic time, the pool is available during open swim time as well as after hours. Lifeguards and a building supervisor will be provided. Several facilities also have inflatables available. Please contact your local Y for details.
- Recreational Swimming - We offer a wide variety of recreational programs for all ages and abilities. All of our programs are built on both solid research in the field of aquatics, as well as our four core values — caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith.
- Swim Teams - YMCA swim team is for swimmers ages 5-21. The team offers developmental instruction, age-group training, advanced conditioning, and in-depth technique and skill analysis. The YMCA participates in the Great Lakes YMCA Zone Conference, which includes YMCA teams and USA teams in the Northwest Ohio area.
- Water Sports & Specialty Programs - This includes programs such as competitive swimming, triathlon training, snorkeling, scuba, and kayaking. Teaching for these sports is done based on the skill ability of students.
YMCA Swim Team
Build self-confidence and self-esteem with participation in a team sport while building individual skills and having fun.
YMCA swim team is for swimmers ages 5-18. The team offers developmental instruction, age-group training, advanced conditioning, and in-depth technique and skill analysis. The YMCA participates in the Northwest Ohio YMCA Swim League, Great Lakes YMCA Zone and USA Swimming.
With YMCA Swimming, ASCA and USA certified coaches always on the pool deck, swimmers will receive the best and most innovative methods of instruction and training during their season. Each coach is specialized in the age group and is educated and trained to handle each group for maximum effectiveness.
FALL II SESSION
Registration: October 13
Session: October 27-December 20
WINTER I SESSION
Registration: December 8
Session: January 5-February 28
All Child Care Centers will be closed November 27 & 28.
AW Building: Closed
East Building: 8-1p
Fort Meigs Building: 8-1p
Francis Building: 8-1p
South at Morse Building: 8-1p
Summit Building: 8-1p
Sylvania Y/J Building: 8-1p
University Building: Closed
West Building: 8-1p
Wolf Creek Building: 8-1p
All branches will have normal building hours the day before and after Thanksgiving.