Job Code: 21
21st Century Program Assistant
Category: 21st Century Program
Job Type: Part-Time
Responsible to assist the Site Director and Tutors with the implementation of Afterschool 21st Century program. This person is responsible for assisting with student academic success, communicating effectively with students/parents and school staff, helping lead enrichment and recreational activities, meal preparation and supervision of students. Must be available to work Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Hours vary by site with an average of 17 to 20 hours a week during the school year. This may include nights and weekends or other hours as needed. Pay is an hourly rate based on experience.
- Work with students one on one or in a small group setting to assist with the implementation of program activities that offer enrichment, social skills development, life skills learning, and character education.
- Will adhere to Covid-19 mandates of mask wearing and social distancing while working. Will assist in cleaning and disinfecting at our school site.
- Assist the Site director and tutors in integrating academic support and enrichment in all other program activities.
- Model and reinforce desired character and social skills within the context of a safe, supportive physical and emotional environment.
- Supervise all program students and assist with snack/supper and student movement from one program activity to another.
- Ensure the safe arrival and departure of students involved in the program.
- Communicate with parents, school and program staff, and project partners to offer support and link of services using these methods: Phone calls, emails, text/remind app, and contactless deliveries.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES:
- Speak in a positive and courteous manner with the children, staff and parents.
- Attend to individual needs of the children.
- Wear name tags and follow YMCA dress code.
- Follow YMCA/ TPS policies and procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Learn and follow child care licensing regulations
- Be a positive role model and set the proper example for the children
- Promote the values of honesty, caring, responsibility and respect.
- Assist with accommodations that are developed for children with special needs.
- Keep the facility neat and clean.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Good communication and work as a team with supervisor and other staff.
- All duties deemed necessary in the absence of the site director
- Operate a program that is safe and enriching for children.
- Develop positive relationships with children.
- Meet or exceed job expectations.
- Safe, healthy and developmental appropriate after school program for children.
- Maintain and/or Increase in academic success in literacy and math.
- Maintain and/or Increase in the whole development of the children.
- Maintain and/or Increase parent involvement at all sites.
- Outreach, good record keeping, maintain contact sheets/timesheets when working with students, parents, school staff, Y staff and other community partners.
Employee must be 18 and a high school graduate or equivalent.
College training and or related work experiences in recreation, youth work or education is preferred.
Obtain and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, Recognition and Prevention of Child Abuse, and Communicable Disease.
Employee must exhibit enthusiasm, creativity and desire to work with children and basic skills and knowledge of certain virtual software computer platforms (google hangout/classroom).
Knowledge base of working with youth ages 6-15 years. Employee must pass BCI/FBI background check. Provide a medical statement from a physician.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If interested, please send resume electronically by September 13, 2020 to Debbie Frison at email@example.com