Job Code: ARO
Member Experience Associate Floater
Category: Member Services
Job Type: Part-Time
The Member Experience Associate, in accordance with Association policies, is responsible for member engagement and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement, specifically connecting members to programs. The Member Experience Associate will possess extensive knowledge in member and membership processes as well as all aspects of YMCA programming and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction and retention goals.
- Ensure that daily care of members is first priority; assist with both the member service desk, front desk operations and the wellness floor. Accurately process new member processing, program enrollment, scanning membership cards, and welcome and greet members. Schedule Smart Start appointments for all new members.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal and financial data for each member.
- Monitoring and enforcing membership policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with all branch staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow-up to all member questions and/or complaints.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set up for the Association.
- Give tours of the facility; promote the benefits of membership. Explain pricing and options.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the goal.
- Oversee the member check-in procedure and engage in member conversations on the wellness floor.
- Assist in the successful implementation of the Association’s Smart Start Program
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays based upon needs of the YMCA.
- Perform other duties assigned.
A college degree and a minimum of 2 years of health & wellness and/or customer service experience preferred. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required. Confidentiality and excellent organization skills are strongly emphasized. Friendly disposition and knowledge of excellent customer service practices. Must have good written and verbal communication skills and effective conflict resolution skills. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
If interested, please submit resume by August 7, 2020 to BJ Duckworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.