Job Code: FM
Category: Arts and Humanities
To instruct and lead piano/keyboard classes.
- Be within the area of instructing and ready to teach 15 minutes before class begins.
- Plan and execute a strong class based on proper techniques
- See that each class includes: Introduction, Review, Skill Development, Personal Growth, and Safety.
- Keep the room neat and cleaned. Report any damaged equipment and recommendations to the Program Director. Keyboards were purchased by the YMCA and are the property of the YMCA.
- The Piano/Keyboarding class is limited to 7 students per class based upon the available equipment and optimum class size. We do not allow siblings/friends to sit-in on classes. Parents are permitted to stay, however small children should be checked in to the Kid Zone.
- Be consistent, courteous, consciences, helpful and most of all …. Make sure that all of the kids have FUN!
- Keep Program Director informed at all times of substitutes.
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and facility in general.
Instructor must possess the ability to work with children of all ages and abilities. Must possess a strong background in music and piano/keyboard.
If interested, please send resume electronically to Amy Tanner at firstname.lastname@example.org.