Job Code: WP
Location: Wayman Palmer YMCA
The Sports Coordinator is responsible for the planning, budgeting and coordination of all sports related programming at the assigned Branch of the YMCA of Greater Toledo.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Understands and fully participates in the Y-Improvement model for his/her branch as well as any assigned Association initiatives. Will ensure data within the Y-Improvement model is accurate and up to date. Will be accountable for meeting or exceeding target conditions related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Assists with Program Committee meetings
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Minimum two years related experience preferred.
- Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
If interested send resume electronically by August 24, 2020 to Eric Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.