Job Code: ARO
Location: Multiple Sites
Job Type: Part-Time
This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Be in chair and ready to lifeguard on time. Be alert and attentive while in your chair/on duty.
- Ensure that all swimmers and divers follow pool rules and policies.
- Wear staff uniform at all times while on duty.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Fill out accident/incident reports for any accident, no matter how minor
- Never read or talk to friends while in your chair.
- Responsible for all scheduled shifts. Find and secure your own substitute when needed, this is your responsibility.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Maintain a clean deck at all times. Report any unsafe conditions to necessary personal.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner, remember you are a reflection of the YMCA.
- Maintain your physical ability to perform rescues. Attend all trainings.
- Ensure storage room is kept clean and equipment is stored properly.
- Read and understand evaluation criteria.
- Personnel will be required to attend at least 2 hours of in-service a month to keep skills current.
- Be prepared to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work one weekend shift (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) per month.
- You are required to work at least 10 hours per week or 2 shifts per week.
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor or any other supervisor on duty.
A YMCA lifeguard must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times:
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR (Professional Rescue or Healthcare Provider),
- First Aid, Oxygen Administration, and AED.
Have an understanding of facility policies, procedures, and rules. Possess leadership qualities and a strong work ethic.
We have openings at multiple locations for this position.
- Eastern Community YMCA (Oregon) - Email resume to to Wendy Baldwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fort Meigs YMCA (Perrysburg) - Email resume to to Wendy Baldwin at email@example.com.
- West Toledo YMCA - Email resume to Lu Ann Bauer firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy LaFountain email@example.com.