Job Code: FF
Member Service Associate
Category: Member Services
Location: Francis Family YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the direction of the District Membership Director and in the accordance with Association policies, the Member Service Associate (MSA) is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement. The MSA will possess extensive knowledge in membership and program options as well as specific center information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction and retention goals.
- Ensure that daily care of members is first priority; assist with member service desk operations including scanning membership cards and greeting members.
- Collaborate with all center staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow up to all member questions and/or complaints.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA/JCC memberships and programs.
- Accurately process new memberships and program registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records. Respond to inquiries both in person and by phone.
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Annual Scholarship Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the center goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
A high school diploma or equivalent with customer service experience preferred. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required. Excellent computer skills are also necessary. Confidentiality and excellent organization skills are strongly emphasized.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Friendly disposition and knowledge of excellent customer service practices
- Must be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and effective conflict resolution skills
- Must be accurate in cash handling and demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Must exercise good judgment in decision making
- Must be able to work a variety of hours including early mornings, weekends and evenings
- Must hold CPR/First Aid certifications within six months of hire
If interested, send resume electronically by October 2, 2020 to: Sylvia Lennex at email@example.com.