Job Code: DF
Member Service Director
Category: Member Services
Location: YMCA of Lenawee County
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Membership Service is responsible for new member sales, and ensuring exemplary customer service for members and prospective members alike. The Member Service Director is also responsible for implementation of membership policies and procedures. In addition, responsibilities entail membership campaigns, member engagement with new and existing members along with community relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as direct supervisor of Membership Team and Kidzone Teams at the branch.
- Actively visit and recruit business to promote the Corporate Wellness Partner program.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs.
- Assist to motivate and train staff to improve membership and member retention.
- Meet and exceed monthly and yearly branch goals for new membership, retention cancelations and renewals.
- Build relationships with members, program participants and community partners.
- Implement and evaluate all aspects of the membership function of the Branch, in accordance with the YMCA of Greater Toledo guidelines.
- Will embrace, use and require all department staff to use all tools provided to increase the level of member interaction.
- Ensure daily member questions and requests are handled in efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with Welcome Specialist, Branch Administrator and Front Desk Staff to ensure membership paperwork is obtained and processed accurately to meet the organization’s goal.
- Maintain a working knowledge of membership types and rate structures; including short-term membership and membership payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal and financial data for each member.
- Maintain the filing system that meets the organization standards.
- Monitoring and enforcing membership policies and procedures.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of the membership process –i.e. cancelation, renewals, on-hold request, existing member changes, and new member application/bank draft and suspending bank draft
- Accurately process new membership registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records. Respond to inquiries both in person, phone and email.
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures.
- Understand and fully participate in the Y-Improvement model for his/her branch as well as any assigned Association initiatives. Will ensure data within the Y-Improvement model is accurate and up to date. Will be accountable for meeting or exceeding target conditions related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
If interested, please submit resume electronically by October 9, 2020to Jason Trame at email@example.com.