Job Code: SJ + WC
Category: Maintenance and Custodial
Location: Wolf Creek Y & Sylvania Y/J
Job Type: Full-Time
The Housekeeping Supervisor must be committed to the mission of the YMCA and be able to implement this mission through positive member experiences related to the cleanliness of our facilities. The Housekeeping Supervisor will ensure a clean, safe, and functional setting for all members and staff.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the general facility and equipment on a daily basis.
- Supervise and evaluate staff.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate employees for proper coverage.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to learn and share updates, information and plan for upcoming needs.
- Work around our program schedule whenever possible to ensure customer service.
- Effectively communicate the mission and goals of YMCA to staff.
- Function as part of the entire Association staff team. Participate in all program areas of the branch or any other activities of the Association if necessary.
- Actively participate in the YMCA Annual Campaign.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Housekeeping Supervisor must have experience in scheduling, hiring, monitoring budgets and being part of a staff team. He/she must have excellent communication and organizational skills, confidence and willingness to interact in a positive and motivational manner with peers and members. He/she must be flexible, patient and have strong initiative. He/she must be a service oriented problem solver. Must have a valid driver’s license and approved YMCA driver. In addition, all cleaning staff shall have a basic knowledge of floor care and cleaning procedures. Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with (or without) supervision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 10 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
If interested, please send resume electronically by November 10, 2020 to Craig Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.