Job Code: SC
Summer Camp Counselor
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To provide leadership and guidance to a cabin of children, ensuring the health and well-being of each camper. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Live with and lead a cabin of campers, help each camper adjust to camp life and build cabin and village unity.
- Enforce safety/sanitation and health regulations.
- Guide the individual camper in the participation of group and camp activities.
- Assist with program activities and other activities in the village working closely with the Camp Leadership
- Have a leadership role at a table in the dining hall during meals.
- Follow all camp policies, rules, and regulations as prescribed by the Director and Assistant Director.
- Supervise and assist the cabin group in all cleaning activities, including deep cleaning facilities after campers depart.
- Teach in program areas; supervise recreational activities, special events and evening programs.
- Provide support and be a role model to additional cabin members, such as CITs.
- Evaluate activities and growth of campers at the end of each session.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
Must be at least 18 years of age and graduated from High School. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Have current certifications in CPR and First Aid. Lifeguard certification encouraged.
Summer Camp season (includes staff training) runs June 13 – August 6, 2021.
Send cover letter and resume to: Nancy Burger, firstname.lastname@example.org