Job Code: SC
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
Job Type: Seasonal
To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. To provide leadership and guidance to the counseling staff of the Village. To participate in the general planning and delivery of the summer camp program. To ensure the health and well being of each camper in the Summer Camp Village.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the scheduling of village activities and assign responsibilities, class instruction, and activities among supervised staff.
- Play a leadership role during staff training.
- Ensure the adjustment of staff to camp life, and help the personal growth of staff.
- Take a leadership role in the development of the counseling staff, paying special attention to the staff/parent relationships on opening and closing days.
- Interpret and enforce safety/sanitation and health regulations.
- Assist with program activities and other activities in the center, working closely with the Summer Camp Director.
- Organize and supervise the running of meals in the dining hall.
- Organize, plan, supervise and implement recreational activities, special events and evening programs.
- Works as cabin counselor when assigned and/or covers cabins during staff time off.
- Assist with check-in and checkout procedures.
- Implement the camper behavior management policy
- Supervise and assist the Village in all cleaning/sanitation activities.
- Conduct written evaluations to each cabin counselor at the end of the summer.
- Prepare end of session camper packets including camper activity records, certificates,
- Village Pictures, parent evaluations and Trading Post Balance Sheets.
- Communicate with Village counselors on a daily basis by.
- Follow all camp policies, rules and regulations.
- Any other duties that enhance the camp programs and the experiences of campers.
- Supervise counselors and campers during trips away from the Storer Camps facility, providing campers with a safe and fun experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have had two years working in an organized resident camp setting. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Possess certifications in CPR and First Aid. Lifeguard certification encouraged.
Summer Camp season (includes staff training) runs June 13 – August 6, 2021.
Send cover letter and resume to: Nancy Burger, firstname.lastname@example.org