Job Code: 21
21st Century Program Assistant
Category: 21st Century Program
Job Type: Part-Time
Keywords: Week days, 2:45pm-6:30pm
Under the direction of the Grant Manager and Site Director, the Program Assistant is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day tasks assigned by the Site Director at the specified site. She/he will be responsible for helping in leading program activities, assessment, snack and dinner preparation, communicating effectively with the children, parents, YMCA personnel, and the site guests when needed and as assigned by the Site Director.
- Maintain safe and secure environment for children, being aware of activities at all times.
- Work as a team member with other staff.
- Help to maintain a learning environment with developmentally appropriate activities.
- Respond to emergencies according to YMCA procedures.
- Adhere to all ODJFS, ODE, and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personal information on children and staff.
- An understanding and knowledge of children, their behavior and development.
- Specific knowledge in developmentally appropriate practices for the age group.
- YMCA Child Care trainings are provided and must be completed: CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, and Prevention of Infectious Diseases Training.
- Caring and friendly personality and the willingness to interact with the children and parents.
- Meet ODJFS licensing qualifications in training and background check; pass random drug screen per YMCA policy.
Please apply by emailing a resume by March 2, 2020 to Debbie Frison at email@example.com.