Job Code: WC
Member Service Associate
Category: Member Services
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the direction of the Member Service Leader and in the accordance with Association policies, the Member Service Associate (MSA) is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement. The MSA will possess extensive knowledge in membership and program options as well as specific center information.
Evening Shift Weekdays 4:30-8:30pm*
*total hours and shifts offered will be based on schedule preference and availability
Under the direction of the Membership Director and in the accordance with Association policies, the Member Service Associate (MSA) is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote member engagement. The MSA will possess extensive knowledge in membership and program options as well as specific center information.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
A high school diploma or equivalent with customer service experience preferred. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required. Confidentiality and excellent organization skills are strongly emphasized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction and retention goals.
- Ensure that daily care of members is first priority; assist with member service desk operations including scanning membership cards and greeting members.
- Collaborate with all center staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow up to all member questions and/or complaints.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of YMCA memberships and programs.
- Accurately process new memberships and program registrations including cash transactions and maintenance of member records. Respond to inquiries both in person and by phone.
- Practice strong fiscal stewardship in the execution of financial and membership policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Friendly disposition and knowledge of excellent customer service practices
- Must be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and effective conflict resolution skills
- Must be accurate in cash handling and demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Must exercise good judgment in decision making
- Availability for a variety of hours including weekends and evenings is a plus
- Must hold CPR/First Aid certifications within six months of hire
If interested, please send resume electronically to Lauren Lucas at email@example.com.