Job Code: AW
Category: Fitness & Wellness
Location: Anthony Wayne Community YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
To ensure the safety of all participants enrolled in a fitness class/personal training session receive quality instruction in a fun and safe environment.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your lesson/personal training session.
- Start and end personal training session on time.
- Demonstrate proper form and technique to personal training clients.
- Manage a safe class environment and maintain the safety of all participants.
- Take measurements and fitness assessments on a regular basis.
- Supervise the fitness and maintain all equipment used during the session.
- Provide motivation, inspiration, and support for all clients.
- Assist with related programs and fitness events.
- Provide leadership and make new members feel welcome.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring, and Honesty towards members, guest, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Promote and follow fitness guidelines at all times.
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor.
- Maintain physical ability to train clients.
- Have fun!
A YMCA Personal Trainer is required to have a good understanding of physical fitness, exercise science, exercise techniques, group leadership and experience in specific fitness program they are teaching. Current certification in CPR, first Aid, AED, Principles of Health and Fitness, and program specific certification are required. Other required certifications are: ACE, AFAA, ACSM or WITS Personal Training Certifications which need to be completed prior to start date. YMCA Personal Trainer certification required within 1 year of hire.
Please send resume electronically by January 24, 2020 to Crystal Tollstam at email@example.com