Job Code: WC
Category: Member Services
Location: Wolf Creek YMCA
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: $30,000 - $32,000
The Welcome Specialist in accordance with Association policies is responsible for member satisfaction and retention through impeccable member service and practices that promote engagement. The Welcome Specialist will possess extensive knowledge in member and membership processes, as well as knowledge in Wellness and Group Exercise classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed membership satisfaction and retention goals as part of the membership team.
- Ensure daily member questions and requests are handled in efficient and timely manner.
- Work closely with Membership Director and service staff to ensure membership paperwork is obtained and processed accurately to meet the organization’s goal.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal and financial data for each member.
- Maintain a filing system that meets the organization standards.
- Monitor and enforce membership policies and procedures.
- Assist in selling memberships and programs by proactively engaging in conversations on the benefits of Y Cause, memberships and programs.
- Serve as the direct supervisor of the Member Service team at the branch. Develop member service schedules to include all branch Member Service Associates.
- Schedule and Facilitate
- Model the Y character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility through your actions and conversations with members.
- Engage in active listening with potential members to develop sustainable relationships, determine individual goals and interests.
- Greet, interview and tour future members.
- Create outbound calls and emails to generate future members to tour center.
- Assist in following up on membership inquiries.
- Understand and fully participate in the Y-Improvement model for his/her branch as well as any assigned Association initiatives. Will ensure data within the Y-Improvement model is accurate and up to date. Will be accountable for meeting or exceeding target conditions related to his/her areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on all membership tours.
- Responsible for follow up of all tours that don’t join within specified time.
- Facilitate and/or schedule all new members for their Fit 101 appointment.
- Create process and tracking system to connect members to programs and services.
- Promote membership offers to all non-member program participants.
- Track and provide sales, terminations and Fit 101 enrollment updates monthly to supervisor.
- Coordinate member appreciation and recognition events and programs.
- Actively participate in the Annual Campaign by helping to raise dollars toward the branch goal.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the Emergency Action Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of customer service supervisory experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ability to work well and effectively communicate with a diverse population in a wide variety of situations is required. Confidentiality and excellent organization skills are strongly emphasized. Friendly disposition and knowledge of excellent customer service practices. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, strong supervision and effective conflict resolution skills. Must be accurate in cash handling and demonstrate strong organizational skills.
If interested, please send resume electronically by December 13, 2019.