Job Code: FM
Fort Meigs YMCA and Perrysburg Heights Youth Sports Staff
Category: Youth Sports
Location: Fort Meigs Child Development Center
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the guidance of the Program Director, the Youth Sports Staff will help administer a broad youth sports programs. Helps to plan, organize and direct quality programs and staff. Be the contact for all Fort Meigs YMCA programming at the Perrysburg Heights Community Center.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, help plan, budget, and manage the youth sports department in order to provide a balanced operation.
- Assist in supervision of staff and volunteers, to include scheduling and evaluating.
- Program operations to include parent/coaches meetings, instructional classes, skill clinics, scheduling practices and games, team selection, games and celebrations.
- Implementation of character development in all aspects of youth sports.
- Assist with staff and volunteer recruitment.
- Responsible for maintenance of program equipment.
- Continually relate to YMCA members and the community in which the YMCA serves and help maintain a positive image.
- Direct teaching, coaching and refereeing responsibilities as needed.
- Help to prepare and distribute necessary public relations, flyers, newsletters, brochures, etc., as it relates to youth sports and the operation of the Fort Meigs YMCA.
- Assist the Program Director in matters as so decided to ensure a successful Fort Meigs YMCA operation.
- On Site Contact for all events at the Perrysburg Heights Community Center.
Starting wage shall be $8.55 per hour, approximately 10-12 hours per week (predominantly evenings and weekends), and have the opportunity to work an additional 16 hours at the Fort Meigs Y.
High school diploma and working towards a degree in Health, Physical Education, Recreation or related field. Two years’ experience in youth sports, coaching, teaching or refereeing preferred. Certifications to include: First Aid, CPR and Heads Up Concussion certification. Any missing certifications must be obtained within 1 year. Strong people skills are a must for this position.
If interested, please send resume electronically by February 28, 2019 to Ken Westenkirchner at email@example.com.