Job Code: WE
Location: West Toledo YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
Under the guidance of the Associate Executive Director, the Teen Coordinator will help watch over and participate in the daily activities with the teens.
- Understand and live by the Character Values of the YMCA such as Faith, Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Staff member must exhibit a passion for working with teens.
- Participate in activities with teens in order to build relationships with teens, and families within the Teen Center and Teen Programming.
- Staff must make a commitment to be a role model to teens at all times and sign role model agreement.
- Demonstrate objectivity in emotional situations by exercising professional skills in problem solving, by maintaining patience, confidence, and composure under pressure and adverse circumstances.
- Must be willing to be a team player with other staff members and or director.
- Staff member should not exhibit any negative behavior or participate in gossip with other members or staff regarding YMCA programming or classes.
- Staff member should be able to display a positive working attitude and also accept any situation that pertains to YMCA Teen Programming even when they do not accept the ideas or decisions of management.
- Must be confident in their leadership skills by being able to give directions or discipline teens when the occasion arises.
- Give ideas and help with the creative process of planning teen programming.
- Understand the Teen Coordinator role as a representative of the YMCA and project a positive image at all times within the community.
- Coordinator should not sit for no longer than 15 minutes unless staff member is interacting in an activity with a teen.
- Coordinator must understand that his or her role is to interact and engage teens that come into the Teen Center.
- Coordinator should be able to take directions from management.
- Promote a professional working environment while establishing open communication with Teen & Wellness Director while in the YMCA and other activities while representing the YMCA.
- Coordinator should establish and maintain a working Teen Leaders Club or Teen Bible Study with active service projects.
- Coordinator should have a complimentary working relationship with the staff of Start High School and make an effort to attend the school building at least 4 times a month.
- Coordinator is expected to recruit teens to attend regional teen rallies and annual Leaders Training School.
- If for any reason you are unable to work your shift, find own substitute.
- Document and communicate to the Associate Executive Director about any difficult situations that may arise.
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director
Effect on the End Result
Successful completion of the above job responsibilities will ensure a quality and safe daily operation of the West Toledo YMCA Teen Center.
Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-8:00pm working as Teen Center attendant (plus weekend availability once a month for service projects and other scheduled teen events)
9.00-11.00/hr. (depending upon experience)
Please send in your resume and letter of interest to Dave Klepaski at email@example.com by March 4, 2019.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience with teenagers preferred