Job Code: SJ
Category: Maintenance and Custodial
Location: Sylvania YMCA/JCC
This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Incumbent will cleanand sanitize assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, bathroom & locker room cleaning, and other related responsibilities. Afternoon, evening, and weekend positions available.
- Ensures the YMCA is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned areas. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, window washing, bathroom and locker room cleaning, vacuuming, and general cleaning.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all completed tasks and needed repairs.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure and reports any incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record cleaning tasks and maintenance needs.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 10 feet.
- Ability to work with cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform tasks that may include but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; carrying; working in narrow and/or confining spaces; twisting of the waist, shoulders, legs, and pushing and pulling of cleaning equipment.
Please apply to Jason Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.