Job Code: EA
Category: Arts and Humanities
Location: Eastern Community YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
To provide instruction for Ballet classes.
- Be within the area of instructing and ready to teach prior to class start time.
- Obtain class roster from Program Director prior to class start time. Responsible for taking attendance of class participants during the session.
- Welcome each participant and their parents.
- Plan and execute a fun, educational, creative class.
- See that each class includes: Introduction, Review, Skill Development, Personal Growth, and Safety.
- Keep the room neat and clean. Report any damaged equipment and recommendations to the Program Director.
- Do not turn children away if they are not on your class roster. Include them in your class and clear it up later with the Program Director.
- Advise the Program Director if a student is unable to keep up with course curriculum, we may need to move them to a different program or look at alternative solutions.
- Be consistent, courteous, and helpful and most of all …. Make sure that all of the kids have FUN!
- Keep Program Director informed at all times of substitutes.
- Weave YMCA core values and mission into class curriculum.
Instructor must possess the desire and capability to work with children (Pre-school and School Age). Strong background in dance and previous dance instruction required.
Please send resume/application electronically by December 15, 2019 to Dayre Carpenter at email@example.com