Job Code: EA
Location: Eastern Community YMCA
Job Type: Part-Time
To ensure the safety of all swimmers and observers in the pool area, while maintaining a clean and fun environment.
- Be on deck and ready to lifeguard on time.
- Ensure that all swimmers and divers follow pool rules and policies.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Never read or do homework while someone is in the pool.
- Take chemical readings and record on chemical log sheet at specified times (see log sheet). These are state required records!
- Count the number of people in the pool and record on pool attendance form every ½ hour. These are important legal records!
- Find and secure your own substitute when needed, complete Sub Request Form, and turn in to your supervisor for approval.
- Check board daily in the guard office to keep up to date and informed of upcoming events.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor at all times.
- Maintain a clean deck at all times.
- Maintain your physical ability to perform rescues. Attend all trainings and swim/record 500’s weekly
- Ensure storage room is kept clean and equipment is stored properly.
- Put in and take out lane and safety lines as needed (according to pool schedule) and store properly when not in use.
- Know the pool schedule so the pool can be set up appropriately.
- Read and understand evaluation criteria (attached and posted in guard office).
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor.
A YMCA lifeguard must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times: Lifeguarding, Adult/Child/Infant CPR (Professional Rescue or Healthcare Provider), First Aid., Oxygen Administration, and AED.
Send resume or letter of interest electronically by April 20, 2020 to: Dayre Carpenter at email@example.com