Job Code: SC
Category: Outdoor Camping & Education
Location: YMCA Storer Camps
Job Type: Seasonal
GENERAL FUNCTION: To lend support to the entire Summer Camp staff and structure. Responsible for the safe operations and supervision of all six waterfronts and watercraft programs and activities. Responsible for enforcing all state and licensing regulations and camp policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide, enforce and maintain the safety standards and regulations of the Aquatic Department. Supervise the aquatic and counseling staff during general swim and boating activities.
- Responsible for care and upkeep of all waterfront and watercraft equipment.
- Oversee the instruction of aquatic lessons during class period and take the lead in all camp waterfront and watercraft activities during designated periods, such as the Regatta.
- Responsible for managing water safety drills and lost camper drills on the waterfront. Responsible for implementing the Buddy System.
- Take a leadership role in staff training.
- Effectively coordinate the operation of swim checks on opening day.
- Develop weekly lake schedules with Village Directors, Program Directors, and Summer Camp Director. Perform an inventory on all aquatic equipment at the beginning and end of the summer, indicating repair needs.
- Inform the Summer Director of any events that may affect the overall well-being of campers and staff. Maintain a written log of daily incidents and camp related phone calls.
- Attend daily and weekly staff meetings and ensure information is understood. Maintain an open door policy for staff and campers.
- Perform written evaluations for staff at the end of the summer.
- Follow all camp policies and procedures.
- Any other duties assigned that enhance any/all camp programs and the experiences of all campers and participants at YMCA Storer Camps.
Must be at least 21 years of age and have had two years working in a supervisory or management position in an aquatic department or resident camp setting. Must be skilled in the teaching of swim classes and the overall programming of an aquatic area. Must have a sincere desire to work with children. Must be a certified Lifeguard, and in CPR and First Aid. Must possess a valid driver’s license. WSI is strongly encouraged.
If interested, send resume electronically by February 14, 2020 to Jesse Wells at email@example.com